The aim of this course is to equip delegates to enhance their existing knowledge and skills to identify, support and deal effectively with children and young people who may be involved in Child Criminal / sexual Exploitation.
This course is delivered by our expert facilitators who will bring their first hand experience and tailor the course to suit your learning needs.
- Gain an understanding of how children & young people become sexually and criminally exploited/trafficked and of the support they need
- Develop an understanding of the different elements of CSE – links to criminal exploitation, drug dealing such as ‘County Lines’ & drug cultivation etc.
- Learn how C&YP are affected by CSE, the behaviours and risks they may present
- Develop confidence to support an exploited young person
- Learn new skills in order to build warm, trusting relationships to improve a young person’s safety & well being
- Learn about a range of safety strategies, helping to keep children safe from harm
- Appreciate the need for multi-agency working, your role within this team & be able to identify additional support needs of young people and for yourselves.