Sarah R has over 11 years’ experience of working within a forensic context, including community, prison and mental health settings. She has extensive experience in the assessment of sexual and violent offenders in parenting contexts, and consultation to social workers in relation to residency cases and suitability of family contact. This includes administration and interpretation of psychometric assessments, assessment of responsivity issues including ability to engage with professionals, and the impact of personality and cognitive functioning on parenting.
Sarah’s expertise include the following:
- Sexual offending in parenting contexts and consultation to wider social services assessment of parenting, including victim crossover and risk in context.
- Violence in parenting cases
- Domestic Abuse
- Treatment system problems, including ability to work with professionals and comply with supervision
- Motivation, insight and ability to engage with treatment and ways to enhance responsivity
- Risks and needs specific to substance misuse, and where relevant, its link to offending
- Assessment of personality disorder (including IPDE)
- Assessment of psychopathy using PCL-r
- Mental illness
- Complex case formulation
- Learning disability and cognitive ability (including WAIS IV, memory and executive functioning assessments)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders