Matthew C has experience dating back to pre-qualification years in both psychology and neuropsychology, and has practiced both since qualifying. Through his work in forensic services, he has gained experience in the psychological assessment of individuals at various stages of the pathway through the criminal justice system. This has included determining an individualâ€™s risk of re-offending, treatment needs and suitability for treatment, through to providing the necessary treatment in both individual and group formats.
Matthewâ€™s expertise includes the following:
- Clinical Neuropsychology, including the detailed assessment of areas such as intellectual ability, memory, language and executive functioning in individuals with suspected or confirmed neurological disorders/injuries and psychiatric disorders.
- Risk of violent and sexual offending
- Personality disorder and clinical psychopathy
- Recommendations regarding the required treatment of offenders and/or individuals with neuropsychological problems
- Psychology reports in criminal cases
- Assessment of an individualâ€™s mental health (including assessment of malingering of mental illness)
- Mental Capacity
- Psychology reports for Mental Health Review Tribunals
- Psychology reports for Parole Boards
- Suggestibility and Compliance