John W has worked as a clinical psychologist since 1993 and from 1998 until 2005 was employed in an NHS Trust as a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Head of Psychology, (Learning Disability), involved in assessing, treating and recommending care plans for people with learning disabilities. For the year 2006 he was employed (part time), in an NHS Trust as a Consultant Clinical Psychologist in a project to monitor individuals with dementia and learning disability. From 2007 until 2010 he held an honorary position in an NHS trust working with individuals with chronic pain.
Johnâ€™s expertise include the following:
- Assessment of Adults and Children with a Learning Disability/Difficulty
- Cognitive Functioning Assessments
- Capacity Assessments
- Assessment of Offenders with a Learning Disability
- Assessment of Fitness to Plead
- Adults with a Learning Disability and Impact on Parenting