We have an excellent track record of providing parenting assessments in care proceedings and as part of the pre-proceedings process. We have over 100 social workers available to provide assessments within a 4-8 week timescale.
All of our parenting assessments are carried out in accordance with the Department for Education’s Working Together guidance. In order to produce a holistic assessment, our assessors:
- Ensure the voice of the child is at the heart of every assessment
- Explore a parent’s history and all aspects of their approach to parenting
- Seek to assess a parent’s understanding of and insight into identified concerns
- Gather information through discussion, activities and observation
- Provide a clear evidence-based analysis
- Focus on outcomes; identifying appropriate support services.
Our social workers are experienced in assessing parents’ capacity to change and understand concerns when considering complex issues including, but not limited to: substance misuse, domestic abuse, learning difficulties, sexual abuse and mental health difficulties.
Alongside exploration of a parent’s past and present circumstances, assessors aim to offer recommendations which allow informed decisions about a child’s future placement to be made.