We are looking to recruit a Case Handler to join our team in Mansfield to help us achieve our goals. The Case Handler will be responsible for managing their own group of Expert Associates to ensure deadlines are met on their assessments. The type of individual required is someone who is organised, able to work under pressure and has excellent communication skills.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
Holidays: 25 days a year plus bank holidays in the first year with incremental leave applied thereafter up to 30 days based on number of years’ service.
Accountable to: Office Manager
- Managing the administration of assessments undertaken by our Associates (Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Independent Social Workers and Paediatricians) which they complete for our clients (Courts, Solicitors, Local Authorities and Organisations) within family law, criminal law and private law proceedings.
- Dealing with all incoming queries by phone and email, logging these onto the internal database and providing relevant responses to both Clients, Associates and other teams.
- Acting as a one point of contact for Clients and Associates alike, dealing with all queries for ongoing cases.
- Promoting active case management for each associate so that deadlines for reports are met.
- Contacting Clients to obtain all relevant paperwork by set deadlines so the Associate can review these in advance of filing their report.
- To ensure that all clients receive a high level of service from the initial point of confirmation.
- To ensure that a good relationship is maintained with associates through regular contact and support.
- Responsible for processing Letter of Instructions received from Clients, in a timely manner in accordance with the report date and Carter Brown’s standard operating procedures.
- Ensuring all cases are costed in accordance with Carter Brown standard formulas.
- Using the Carter Brown Database, maintain and complete all relevant actions and chasers that have been assigned for each assessment to ensure that the case is progressed and assessment deadlines met.
- Dealing with an extension requests, liaising with the client and associate to achieve court deadlines.
- Dealing with any cost revisions to cases, liaising with the client and associate to achieve agreement.
- Dealing with enquiries from Court regarding; availability, timetabling and attendence of our associates and where necessary deferring back to associates with client queries.
- Monitor associate’s diaries, flagging up with them key dates on their assessments.
- Dealing with any invoice queries from associates and clients.
- To monitor associate’s conduct of cases; highlighting any issues/problems to Line Manager.
- To regularly liaise with our Quality Assurance team regarding changes to report dates, making sure the database is always noted up.
- To regularly liaise with our Referrals Department regarding revised timescales/when cases are cancelled, making sure the database is always noted.
- Obtaining feedback from clients reagrding the outcome of cases and quality of service delivered.
- Excellent communication skills; written and oral
- Ability to work within strict timescales
- Ability to absorb and act upon new information quickly
- Good knowledge & understanding of office administration
- Good organisational skills
- Experience of working in an administrative role
- GCSE or Equivalent – Relevant experience is also considered
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £14,950.00 to £17,950.00 /year
- Mansfield, Nottinghamshire