Carter Brown, The Expert Service, are looking to recruit an Administrator to join the team in Mansfield to help them to achieve their goals. The Administrator will provide a comprehensive and flexible administrative support service to enable the business to function effectively in line with Carter Brown Vision and Values.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm
Length of contract: 6 months
Holidays: 25 days a year plus bank holidays
Accountable to: Office Manager
- Undertake a wide range of administrative tasks and duties using keyboard, office and I.T skills as defined by your Line Manager
- Support the Case Handling and Quality Assurance teams with relevant tasks including undertaking chasers on a daily basis
- Processing letter of instructions
- Taking inbound calls and distributing to the relevant individual or department
- Processing application forms and requesting statutory checks for fostering and adoption assessments
- Supporting relevant teams with annual leave cover as instructed by the Team Manager
- Ensure all tasks are undertaken in line with HR and QA policies
- File documents in the appropriate filing systems and set up new filing systems
- Manage incoming mail, allocating as appropriate and frank/prepare and post outgoing Mail
- Accurately maintain Carter Brown Business Information Systems
- Note/Minute taking at meetings where appropriate
- Archive files and other documentation and confidential waste of sensitive information
- Manage office stationery orders to ensure an adequate supply of office materials and consumable
- Act as a point of contact for our customers and portray a positive, professional and helpful image of the organisation and ensure safeguarding and complaints are managed in line with procedures
- Ensure all email communications to staff and external agencies are presented within the guidelines of the company’s electronic communications policy
- Undertake reception/switchboard duties where appropriate
Working in Partnerships
- Attend and participate at team meetings
- Present a professional image of Carter Brown at all times to all stakeholders and customers
- Communicate with a wide range of audiences and delivering excellent customer service at all times.
- Process assessor invoices for completed cases, ensuring that all key information is present so accounts team can authorise payment
- Send out client agreements to all relevant parties per case
- Draw up cost agreements for assessors for their assessments in line with Carter Brown’s
- Book meeting rooms on the premises and using external meeting facilities
- Ensure food and other refreshments are provided for meetings and training
- Undertake travel bookings for staff and Managers, as required.
Health & Safety
- Ensure Health & Safety procedures are observed at all times
- Assist with undertaking building maintenance in conjunction with or as directed by the Office Manager and Risk Coordinator for the Region where necessary.
- The post holder will be expected to undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post
- The post holder will be expected to reach a minimum basic standard of I.T. competence to be able to use Company electronic systems effectively
- The post holder will be expected to ensure to comply with Equal Opportunities Policy and Procedure in all employment practices
- The post holder will be expected to comply with the no smoking policy in place and ensure that Health and Safety is observed in the course of employment
- Ensuring compliance with safeguarding procedures, throughout all work within the Company, keeping the Registered Manager/ Director/ equivalent informed of work in progress and inform the Registered Manager/ Director/ equivalent immediately of any child protection matter or serious complaint.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £14,500.00 to £17,000.00 /year