Form F Assessment Training
Published: 17th November 2017
Form F assessment training confirmed as part of Carter Brown’s 2018 training calendar.
Roger Chapman, author of ‘Undertaking a Fostering Assessment’, will present this CPD accredited Form F assessment training event. It will provide assessors with the knowledge and skills to meet all statutory requirements when preparing and presenting reports to a fostering panel.
This Form F assessment course is suitable for experienced assessors wishing to refresh their skills or to those embarking on a career as a fostering social worker. To attend this training you must be a registered social worker with the Health and Care Professionals Council.
Excellent training. It was thorough and provided me with all of the information I needed.
The learning objectives for the training event are:
- To familiarise participants with all aspects of a Form F assessment
- To enable participants to feel confident about undertaking a Form F assessment
- To introduce participants to the legal context around fostering assessments
- To introduce participants to the Secure Base Model of assessing foster carers
- To highlight some of the key lessons from Serious Case Reviews involving foster carers
Additionally for those who don’t already work with Carter Brown, a recruitment presentation will be provided to interested persons after the hosted event. Further information will be available to obtain about becoming an independent assessor for Carter Brown!
It was invaluable to have the opportunity to be trained by Roger Chapman and guided on how best to assess.
We currently have availability for you to attend our accredited Form F assessment training on the following dates:
- 18th and 19th January, from 9.30 – 4.30pm at Carter Brown Expert Services, NG18 5BU
- 22nd and 23rd February, from 9.30 – 4.30pm at FCA Leeds, LS27 7LE
- 26th and 27th March, from 9.30 – 4.30pm at Anglia Ruskin University, Chelmsford Campus CM1
Future dates will be added, so please keep checking with us for updates.
Cost: £245 inclusive of VAT (includes a copy of Roger Chapman’s text, training pack and CPD certification)