We hold regular Induction Days for psychologists, psychiatrists, paediatricians, therapists and independent social workers who are keen to become an expert for Carter Brown. Your expertise is needed both as an expert witness and providing psychological support to the general public.
All applicants must complete our usual recruitment process to attend these days.
Potential new experts must be:
- HCPC Registered
- GMC Specialist registered and Royal College of Psychiatrists members and hold an MBChB, MD or equivalent (Psychiatrists)
- Hold professional indemnity insurance
- Hold Enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) disclosure.
We can’t accept applicants that do not meet these criteria.
If you’ve always held an interest in expert witness work but never pursued this any further, we’d like to hear from you.
Our experienced team support new experts in applying their highly-developed clinical skills to the demanding field of expert witness work and have a proven track record in doing so.
To provide details of your own expertise and experience please use the contact form below or contact Annie Fryer.
Become an expert: What We Can Offer You
- You will be an associate of the number-one national expert witness company, with a reputation for high standards and an in-depth knowledge of legal proceedings
- A managed caseload that suits your requirements
- Prompt, assured payment within 56 days
- A designated case handler offering administrative support
- We ensure that all your documentation (personal indemnity insurance, DBS check and practicing certificates) are kept up to date
- Our Quality Assurance team provide a compulsory proofreading service that includes content checks, spelling and grammar checks
- Support and help with general enquiries throughout the process from experienced staff
- Your skills as an expert witness will be marketed to a bank of solicitors through the publication of your CV and areas of expertise on our company website
- Pre-court briefings, including mock cross-examination
- Regular training for expert witnesses, including a free induction day
- A structured Peer Review System for all expert witnesses
- We have an in-house Legal Advisor and provide regular updates on legislation affecting the family and criminal court system
Social Work Vacancies
In particular, we’re currently recruiting for independent social workers, in partnership with Core Assets Independent Social Work Service. You must be experienced in undertaking Form F assessments, Special Guardianship Orders, adoption (PAR) assessments, parenting assessments and connected persons assessments for a range of our clients.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required for this role.
It is essential that you hold a social work degree, have a minimum of 5 years social work experience, are registered with the HCPC and can provide excellent references. Assessors must have completed social work assessments previously and as part of our registration process you will be required to provide a copy of an anonymous assessment.
If you have the relevant experience, please send your CV to Annie Fryer.
Latest News view all news
Join the largest gathering of expert witnesses in the UK.
It is more important than ever that, you, as an expert witness, work in the most efficient way. How can…Read...
Great Feedback on Assessments of Capacity Workshop
On 23rd March 2017, we had a guest trainer visit us here at Carter Brown in the form of Clinical…Read...
Croydon Serious Case Review Workshops
On 15th and 22nd March, Carter Brown have held workshops in relation to the Croydon Serious Case Review: Claire. By…Read...